Thursday, February 4, 2016

SHMME

I'm sure all of you are wondering what SHMME stands for. Well here in Park Lodge Hotel, located two miles outside of Spiddal, 17 UNK students are living in four separate cottages. Cottage #4 is my home for the next three months along with my four other roommates; Sara, Hannah, Miranda, and Emily. Together we are SHMME our own little cottage family.  Since day one we have already started to bond, unfortunately being the oldest one I got deemed Mom. Our cottages are quite roomy and have everything we will need; small kitchen, dining area, living room, bathroom and three separate rooms. I was the lucky one to get the single room. :)

Cottage #4 home of SHMME
If we happen to be missing anything we can more than likely find it in town which is two miles away. If we want to go to town we walk. It takes about a half an hour to get there but it's such a great view all the way there that the time just flys by. We are right along the Atlantic Ocean. This is something most Nebraskan's have never seen, such as myself until I visited Ireland last year, but here we are living right across from it.

The ocean right outside of Spiddal



I love that with this program I have the opportunity to live with and get to know fellow students I wouldn't have met just attending my classes back home on campus. I'm looking forward to the many great friendships that will come out of our three months in Ireland together. 


SHMME

1 comment: