Wednesday, March 2, 2016

It's Not Everyday

I've previously mentioned that coming from a place that is land locked, I could get used to living next to the water. It's not everyday that I can walk five minutes and put my feet right in the ocean. It's not everyday that I wake up and can smell the ocean air. It's not everyday that I enjoy one of the most scenic views as I walk to town. Ireland is certainly one of the most beautiful places I have ever been and I couldn't be happier to be living here for three months.

 


What I get to wake up to everyday!

I do want to point out that daily life is certainly different here in Ireland than back at home. First of all it takes getting used to not driving everywhere. I am so accustomed to getting in my car and driving myself where ever I want or need to go. Here we use busses, taxis, trains, and our good ol' two feet to get us where we are going. It's pretty common for me to walk at least 4 miles a day; sometimes more and sometimes less.

Another difference particularly for me is living with multiple people. Back in Kearney I just have one roommate. With out busy schedules we would rarely even see each other. That's not the case here. Out of my four other roommates there is typically at least one or two of them here all the time. I guess I'm just not that used to constantly being around people. Thankfully they don't drive me too crazy! :p I really do enjoy their company though and cooking for them. Its nice to sit down as a little cottage family and enjoy a home cooked meal, something many college students don't do often. Here's a couple of them I've prepared, try not to get too hungry.

Pork chop and potato casserole.

Chicken and veggie stir fry and peach cobbler.

I feel like all of here are becoming like one giant family. This helps me not to miss mine back home too much. We all support each other here and help each other out when we need it. Each and everyone of them make daily life here even more enjoyable.









No comments:

Post a Comment