Monday, April 11, 2016

Out and about exploring Ireland! (Field Trips)

This past month has been packed with trips around Ireland. We have travelled to Westport, Belleek, Portrush, Enniskillen, Derry/LondonDerry and Belfast. Along the way as we travelled through the countryside we stopped multiple times to enjoy it and take pictures of the beautiful scenery. Really I could spend all day driving around Ireland taking in all of the sites.

View of the country side as we were passing through.

View from the other side of the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge.
While traveling to all of these cities we saw a lot of different things and learned a lot! But one of my favorite places was on the way to Westport. We stopped at Croagh Patrick. Croagh Patrick is a 764 meter high mountain and every year 40,000 people make pilgrimage here. I didn't think this place would impact me as much as it did. It was was a tough 1.5 hour hike to the top but the view once I got there made every ache and pain worth it. I don't know exactly why but I even found myself becoming a little emotional during my hike which made me appreciate the experience even more. It was a test of my determination and strength to climb over the rough terrain and not give up.


I made it to the top of Croagh Patrick!

What I was hoping from my hike up Croagh Patrick was to have some kind of sign as to what I should do once I return to the states and graduate. That didn't really happen, but what did happen was the remembrance to enjoy every moment while I am here. I was reminded of how happy I was to be here and to be learning about such an amazing and beautiful country. I was reminded of the fact that you don't always have to have a plan and that things will work themselves out. Most importantly I was reminded of how short life can be and that I was blessed to be there at that moment.

The view from up here was amazing!

As my time here is starting to come to an end I can't help but be thankful for this experience. Studying abroad not only in Ireland but the Czech Republic as well has completely changed me, for the better! Like the Irish proverb says" May your feet lead you to where your hear is." my feet have lead me to so many places that I couldn't just pick one for my heart to belong to. So cheers! Cheers to the all the memories, cheers to new friendships, cheers to following your heart, and CHEERS TO LIVING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment